NOTE: I would like to share with you through these few words, photographs and hyperlinked websites, a 3 Dimensional experience as though you were actually there with us. Click on any photograph and it should enlarge to a different size ….. at least half screen or size full screen. It will be clearer in detail than the photo on the post. It will be as if you were really there looking at the actual scene. You are an arm chair traveller with us.
If you would also like to see the post in a larger or smaller size, I suggest you follow this procedure: If you right-handed, with your left hand, press down continuously on the Control Function Key with your left hand and with your right hand, move the little cursor wheel either forwards or backwards to make the text in the post larger or smaller.
Harriet and I have been doing some travelling around the world in recent years. See our travel blog on these places. Not only is it fun to travel but it means seeing new and often spectacular scenery and geography. It also means experiencing meeting people in new cultural settings and you realise there are millions of others around the world who live their lives in quite often new ways. They maybe largely ignorant of you and the way you live and where you even live. Some of the people we have met in unusual or casual circumstances.
Some of the people we met whilst:
- Staying in a 14th century restored Manor House in England on our trip to England in 2003.
- Walking through the Dodges Palace = 13th century on our Italy trip in 2005.
- Meeting someone for the first time in Singapore ….. Having this friend on e-mail but we had never met personally. It was a strange experience in actually seeing him in actuality versus only seeing him on a website photograph. He took us out to his district or community on Singapore’s very efficient train system. We went to a communal restaurant where he went around the various restaurant owners introducing us in a very personal way as his Australian friends. This was on our trip to France in 2007 and we had a stopover in Singapore
- Staying in Fiji on our trip in 2007
- Having coffee or having a meal on our trip around Canada in May 2008
Niagara Falls May 2008 …..
…… The opposite side of the Falls is the USA side ….. see below …. they have yellow
ponchos vs. blue ones on the Canadian side. However, just reading this post on this website
the company who runs the Niagara Cruises have switched from the traditional blue
coloured rain slickers to red.
The Canadian Falls …. see this website …… Also see the Photo Gallery of the
Horseshoe Falls, in Canada ….
….. the boat trip that goes right to the Falls and back again ….
public park edge overlooking the Falls and river ……
when we were up near the Falls …
and one on the USA side …. they have built special pedestrian ramps that extend right
it was halted when it was worked out that the rock base was not stable enough for a bridge ..
… the bridge structure is now used as a USA tourist Falls viewing area ……
…. Walking back from the boat and up the to the entry at the top …..
After reading this post, you MUST See this AWESOME website: Niagara Falls at Sunset …
Views you won’t have seen before.
Niagara Falls Panoramic shot at sunset!
This is absolutely incredible! Follow the directions. Experiment with all the features offered.
Left click, drag, and zoom, (with your mouse wheel). You’ll take a helicopter ride, up, down, over- and-around, those great waterfalls at Niagara!
Click on the helicopter icons in the background for different views..
We’ve certainly come a long way since the old Kodak Brownie camera days!
This is better than being there. Hope you enjoy,
There’s 8 separate views . . . See all 8 tiles.
You also MUST See this AWESOME website on YouTube:
With the sound of Niagara Falls ….. you would almost believe you were right there seeing this magnificent waterfall.