NOTE: If you would like to see the text in a larger or smaller size, follow this procedure:
If you are right-handed, hold the control button (Ctrl) down with your left hand on your keyboard and roll your mouse forward or backwards to get the text to greatly increase in size or greatly reduce in size to get to a suitable reading size for you.
Note: I would like to share with you through these few words, photographs and hyperlinked websites, a 3 Dimensional experience as though you were actually there with us. Click on any photograph and it should enlarge to a different size ….. at least half screen or size full screen. It will be clearer in detail than the photo on the post. It will be as if you were really there looking at the actual scene. You are an arm chair traveller with us.
Albatross Tours: Discover a better way to explore Europe with our Escorted Tours
From the website: Every Albatross Tours itinerary is designed with care by our expert guides. Each day, experience, hotel and town is specifically selected to create the ideal, comprehensive European tour for you. When you journey with Albatross, you won’t just see your chosen destinations – you’ll live them.
What makes our tours stand out?
- Leisurely 2, 3, 4 and even 7 night stops
- Personal group sizes from 10 to 40
- Genuinely inclusive, with no additional ‘on tour’ optional extras
- Tours designed for Australians and New Zealanders
- Stay in character hotels in superb locations
- See more and experience more of Europe
Overall we spent two weeks going through Switzerland and one week in upper Italy at Lake Garda. We went from Zurich in Switzerland to Milan in upper Italy over 17 days. We went from the 1st September to the 17th September 2018.
Our tour of 26 people was driven by a wonderful bus driver Michel for three weeks and led by a wonderful tour manager Reinhard. He was Austrian by culture and knew the areas so well …. overall and in the detail. He was excellent with people and even observed that I was three quarters of the way through a book I was reading.
It was wonderful as our tour of 26 people really cared for each other on an individual basis. We all travelled on this big bus with padded leather seats ….. see a photograph of the bus below.
OUR OVERALL TRIP:
It is our (Ken & Harriet Aitken) 18th trip around the world which includes big portions of Australia. See: Ken and Harriet’s Travel posts from 2003 to 2017.
- Zurich …. 1 night = day 1
- The French Alps …. days 2, 3, 4
- Stay three nights in Chamonix under the shadow of the Mont Balanc massif
- Explore the Swiss city of Geneva and see the Jet d’Eau fountain
- Experience two incredible mountain rides – a cable car to the top of the stunning Aiguille du Midi (3,842 metres high !) & the famous ‘Little Red Train’up to Montenvers station
- Visit the exclusive, chic sky resort town of Megeve
- Enjoy a guided tour of the delightful lakeside town of Annecy
- The Bernese Oberland …. days 5, 6, 7 in a superb spa hotel in Grindelwald
- Drive over the spectacular Forclaz Pass
- Enjoy a guided tour of Byron’s de Chillon in Montreux
- Explore hilltop Gruyeres, one of the great sights of Europe
- Relax in Grindelwald with a day at leisure to explore the spectacular Jungfrau Mountain region
- Visit the lovely lakeside Luzern
- Wander the medieval cobbled stone streets of of Bern
- Zermatt …. days 8 & 9
- Stay 2 nights in the stunning village of Zermatt with of the mighty Matterhorn
- Visit Lauterbrunnen in the magnificent ‘Valley of the Waterfalls’
- See the thundering Trummelbach Falls inside a mountainside
- Experience the spectacular scenery of ‘Le Valais‘
- Enjoy a day to explore the chic mountain resort of Zermatt and surrounding areas
- Klosters …. days 10 & 11
- Stay two nights in a chalet style hotel in the mountain resort of Klosters
- Ride in panoramic carriages on the amazing Glacier Express, passing over chasms and through the mighty Alps
- Explore Chur, Switzerland’s oldest village
- Lake Garda …. days 12, 13, 14 & 15
- Stay two nights beside stunning Lake Garda
- Enjoy lunchtime in centuries old Bolzano
- Spend a day at leisure exploring the lakeside port and villages of Lake Garda
- Enjoyed a guided tour of Romeo and Juliet’s Verona
- Enjoy an early morning visit to historic Salo
- Enjoy a wine tasting and lunch at the Redaeli de Zinis wine estate
- Milan …. days 16 & 17
- Spend your final night stylish Milan
- Discover Milan on a guided tour
- Enjoy a farewell dinner in a local restaurant
Groups of People: