Note: To make the text larger or smaller, do the following things: If you are right-handed, use the cursor in the following way:
- Holding the control button down, roll your cursor forward to make the text larger or roll your cursor backwards to make the text smaller.
A Personal Note: Harriet (my wife) and I jointly share a spirit of adventure. As we have no mortgage, we are free to travel the world financially. We built a handmade house in 1981 on five acres of land 35 kms. out of Brisbane, Australia for minimal money.
See the house / land posts:
OUR HOUSE …. An Overview
OUR HOUSE ….The Actual Garden See the photos of the house and garden and the history of how we obtained rejected materials like from the Supreme Courthouse stone (where the Law Courts are now in Brisbane) …. two loads for nothing in 1980. They dumped 100’s of cubic metres as fill and built a school over the top. The stone was cut out of the Kangaroo Points Cliffs in 1877.
See these travel posts:
- Ken and Harriet’s Travel posts from 2003 to 2018. I wrote this in April 2020 even though this New Zealand Travel Blog May 2010.
- An International Perspective ….. Ken and Harriet’s Travel post from 2003 to 2018.
Trip 17: 2017: Voyages to Antiquity: … Cruises to Ancient Civilisations in September 2017. We sailed from Lisbon (in Portugal) to Rome over 17 days across the top of the Mediterranean Sea … we saw:
- SPAIN: Cadiz, Malanga, Valencia, Barcelona
- FRANCE: Carcassonne, Marseilles, French Rivera
- ITALY: Florence (by bus), Rome …. Colosseum etc.
Then Harriet and I did our own trip to Northern Italy by train over the next week: Assissi (two days), Verona (two days), Como (two days), Milan (two days). Then we flew home to Brisbane, Australia via Dubai = 19 hours around to the other side of the world.
If you are going to Dubai, you must read this new website: https://www.your-rv-lifestyle.com/things-to-do-in-dubai/: 50 Best Things to Do in Dubai.